Influenza is most commonly known as flu . It is one of the airborne disease which is highly contagious and can pass easily from one person to another .
It majorly affects nose,throat and lungs . It’s symptom varies from mild to severe and can also lead to serious health problems.
It lasts from three to five days and can be followed by fatigue for two or three weeks.
TYPES OF VIRUSES THAT CAUSES INFLUENZA
There are four types of influenza viruses out of which two types circulate and causes seasonal epidemic.
- Influenza A virus
- Influenza B virus
- Influenza C virus
- Influenza D virus
Out of these four A and B influenza virus is known for causing epidemics or pandemics . it includes H1N1 virus which is swine flu causing virus and many other viruses as well that have ability to cause pandemics.
Influenza C is less frequently detected and causes mild infection
Influenza D primarily affect cattle and rarely affect humans.
- Age - Seasonal influenza tends to target young children and people over 65
- Occupation-healthcare worker and child care personnel are more likely to have close contact with people infected with influenza
- Living condition – people who live in fascility along with many other resident ,such as nursing homes are more likely to develop influenza.
- Weakened immune system- cancer treatment , anti-rejection drugs and HIV/AIDS can weaken immune system this can make it easier to catch influenza and also may increase risk of developing complication.
- Chronic illness - condition such as asthma , diabetes or heart problem may increase risk of influenza.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Chest discomfort
- Restless sleep
- Loss of appetite
INFLUENZA FROM AYURVEDA POINT OF VIEW
According to ayurveda , dosha (vata , pitta and kapha ), agni ,oja (immunity) is responsible for keeping body healthy against infections.
In ayurveda it is correlated with dushti of praanvah srotas (respiratory channel) which occurs due to aggravation of kapha and vata dosha .
Causes for dushti
- Eating over undigested food
- Sleeping during day time
- More sugar intake , salt intake in diet
- Suppressing natural urges
- Not doing exercise
- Drinking cold water
- Eating cold food items
- Living in cold areas
Due to all these factors vata and kapha gets aggravated where kapha causes agnimandya( lowering the power of digestive system) .
Agnimandya will not let the food we eat to get digest properly ,therefore lead to accumulation of ama (toxins) in the body and affected kapha and agni will affect vata which then leads to praanvah srotas dushti .
HOME REMEDIES FOR INFLUENZA
- Avoid heavy eating
- Drink more water
- Include fruits in your diet
- Eat green leafy vegetables
- Drink warm water
- Take proper rest
- Gargling with salt water
- Take honey and kaali mirch
- Include ginger , tulsi in tea
- Drink golden milk ( haldi milk)
- Add spices like haldi , garlic , ginger in daily food items as it helps in increasing immunity
- Avoid milk , cheese ,spicy and fried food.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Inhale steam
- Do yoga and breathing practice
- Wear mask
- Avoid sleeping during day time
- Do not suppress natural urges
HERBAL TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA
- kantkari, - it consist of disgenin , solamargine ,solanine etc, and according to ayurveda it pacifies kapha and vata dosha due to all these properties it is very usefull in bonchitis , asthma ,COPD and other respiratory problems.
- vasa - according to ayurveda it pacifies kapha and pitta dosha , and so it cures chronic respiratory disorders effectively
- yasthimadhu - it contains glycrrhizin , glycyrrhetinic acid , flavinoids. It is very effective in cough , cold , asthma ,COPD.
- tulsi - very commonly used by Indians as home remedy for cold due to its tremendous properties, helps in treating various respiratory disorders and aslo boost immunity.
- Vatasnabh - prevents formation and accumulation of mucus. It also helps in treating respiratory disorders like flu, asthma , pacifies vata and kapha dosha.
- guduchi – it is used in flu, allergic rhinitis , significantly decreases sneezing , nasal itching , discharge , stuffy nose and is an immuno booster.
- ginger - its anti-inflammatory properties keep the respiratory tract healthy. It relaxes airway muscles , and provide relief from flu symptoms.
- Piper longum and piper nigrum (marich) –it is having anti-inflammatory , anti-spasmodic , expectorant properties very effective in respiratory disorders.
- Haritaki – it is very effective in cough ,coryza ,breathlessness.
- Haldi - it is the best herb having immunobooster properties , works effectively in allergies , having anti-inflammatory action reduces inflammation , it helps in reducing symptoms of flu.
- Karkatshringi – it is used in case of upper respiratory tract infections and is effective in cough , hiccups and fever.
These are the certain drugs that effectively treat the flu . It needs proper management on time so as to avoid complications , because it can lead to other serious health problems as well .
Proper diet , life style modification and medication will prevent the complication of flu and will effectively treat its root cause .
We also provide products for management of flu AZ –Respicure , AZ-sinus and sino-heal .
Influenza Healer Kit :
Our Price : $48/-