Kidney is one of the very essential organ that performs various functions like removing harmfull waste from body such as urea ammonia etc, these harmull wastes if not removed by kidney then it can lead to multiple organ failure .
There are so many kidney disease which are life threatening to people one among them is polycystic kidney disorder PKD.
Polycystic kidney is one of the life threatening inherited disorder that is ude to the defect in some genes of an individual.
In this disease there is formation of fluid filled cysts in cluster all over the kidney and due to this kidney becomes enlarged.
These cysts are non cancerous but can affect normal functions of kidney progressively and further causes kidney failure.
TYPES OF POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISORDER
There are two types of polycystic kidneys –
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disorder [ADPKD] This condition is common and occurs due to defect in genes . These defective genes can pass on to next generation if one parent or both parent are affected.
Affected individuals are often asymptomatic in their early ages and symptoms appears at age of 30-50 year.
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disorder [ARPKD]
This condition is less common and mostly seen in early ages of life. This condition is common in newborns as the symptoms appears within few day of birth.
In this type there is involvement of cyst not only in the kidney but it can also occur in liver .
ARPKD can also be diagnosed during pregnancy period in the womb.
WHAT CAUSES POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY AND WHAT ARE RISK FACTORS TO THE PATIENT ?
Genetic factor is the only factor responsible for this disease .if one parent is having defective gene that causes polycystic disease even if parent itself is not affected by the disease he is just the carrier of the gene , but still this gene when passes on to child will put the child at risk of developing PKD.
Blood relative carrying gene can also put individuals at risk of developing cystic kidneys.
- It can cause kidney failure
- Can lead to hypertension ( high blood pressure)
- Can cause preeclampsia (one of the medical emergency in pregnant lady )
- Kidney stones
- Put the patient at heart risk
- Liver failure
- Cyst in pancreas
- Brain aneurysm (ballooning of arteries )
These are some of the risk factors that can be life threatening for the patient .
ADPKD – In autosomal dominant polycystic disorder
- Hypertension ( high BP )
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- Severe headache
- Blood in urine
- Nail abnormality
- Urinary tract infection
- Joint pains
- Increased frequency of urination
- Kidney stones
- Creatinine level high
ARPKD - in autsomal recessive polycystic kidney disorder symptoms are
- High blood pressure
- Swollen abdomen due to large size of kidney
- Difficulty in breathing
- Urinary tract infection
- Vomiting after breast feeding
- Pain and tenderness in abdomen
- Growth failure
- Liver cyst
AYURVEDIC POINT OF VIEW FOR POLYCYSTIC KIDNEYS
According to ayurveda ,kidneys are called as vrikka and root of mutravhasrota (urine forming channels ),responsible for formation of urine .our normal functioning maintained by balanced state of dosha vata pitta and kapha and due to the vitiation of these three dosha srotas dushti occurs which then leads to various disorders like granthi (cyst) formation .
MANAGEMNT OF POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISORDER AT HOME
Management is very necessary in these patients as it is life threatening disease and progressively affects kidney function. It can put the patient on dialysis and can ultimately lead to death of the patient.
- Maintain blood pressure level
- Maintain blood sugar level
- management of weight is important
- excercise daily
- quit smoking
- include low sodium diet
- avoid oily and junk food
- eat more fiber rich food items
- include kultha pulse in diet
- avoid spicy food items and pickles
- include yoga
- increase fluid intake
- avoid vegetables like tomatoes ,spinach (palak) , sweet potatoes (shakarkandi) .
- do not drink colas
- avoid fruits like banana and oranges if kidney damage is more, as they are rich in potassium . try to include fruits like apple and grapes .
- reduce protein intake in diet
AYURVEDA TREATMENT FOR POLYCYSTIC KIDNEYS
Ayurvedic treatment is found to be really effective in treating cystic kidneys and act as nectar for patients suffering from this deadly disease .
Ayurvedic herbs have great properties to rejuvenate kidney and maintain its normal functioning for long time.
Drugs which helps in the treatment are –
- shatavri – it is having rejuvenating property and stimulate regeneration of damaged cells of the kidney. Enhances normal functioning and inhibit formation of cysts in the kidney .
it act as a diuretic and so helps in treating urinary tract infection
helps in curing kidney stones also
- punarnava – it is heps in reducing creatinine level , balances thee dosha , promote cardiac and renal health, it is also having mild diuretic properties.
- gokshura – it also has diuretic property and help in treating urinary infection ,it has anti-inflammatory and rejuvinting action .found effective treating polycystic kidneys.
- Kultha –it helps in dissolving stones due to its antilithic (stone breaking) and is diuretic in nature .
- Pashanbheda – it also has stone breaking property found effective in treatment of stones and has diuretic property.
It also has anti-diabetic action helps in reducing blood sugar level , liver proctective , and also has property of lowering high blood pressure. It balances all three dosha .
- bhumi aamla - it also helps in reducing high blood pressure , diuretic in nature ,controls blood sugar levels , also helps in removal of kidney stones.
These are some of the drugs helps in treating cysts and managing other problems like diabetes , UTI , hypertension that are the major risk factors for kidney damage .
It reduces creatinine level in few months of its consumption and prevent kidney from undergoing dialysis .
We also provide products that have combination of best medicinal herbs helps in lowering creatinine level and establish normal kidney functions effectively without any side effects .
Polycystic Kidney Healer Kit :
Our Price : $158/-