Giving Your Health a New Lift
vastra dhauti (cleansing the intestines with air)
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Open the mouth and purse the lips like a crow’s beak.
- Draw air down into the stomach through the open mouth in one sucking action or in a series of gulps. chose which method is easiest.
- Fill the stomach as much as possible.
- Then relax completely.
- Do not try to expel the air.
- It will come out through the large intestine in its own time.
- Once or twice is sufficient.
Time of practice
- This practice may be done at any time of the day but it is most useful just before large meal.
- It should not be done during or after meals.
- This practice stimulates the digestive system to work at a more efficient level.
- It removes gas and wind and prevents hyperacidity and heartburn.