Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a behavioral disorder of children. It is the most common neurological disorder of childhood. Ayurveda approach towards attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) explains ADHD as a mental disorder caused by imbalances in doshas. Ayurveda classifies mental illness such as Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Bipolar disorder, and Autism.
Causes of ADHD :
The exact cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) isn’t known. But it may run in families.
A mother’s use of cigarettes, alcohol, or other drugs during pregnancy may increase the risk for ADHD. Also, exposure to lead may cause symptoms linked with ADHD.
Foods with sugar and food additives make their children more hyperactive, these foods haven’t been shown to cause ADHD
- Brain changes: Areas of the brain that control attention are less active in children with ADHD.
- A brain injury or a brain disorder: Damage to the front of the brain, called the frontal lobe, can cause problems with controlling impulses and emotions.
Symptoms of ADHD
- Made impulsive decisions
- Have difficulty processing information as quickly and accurately as others
- Compulsive behaviors
- Intense mood swings
- Bipolar disorder
Ayurvedic Treatment For ADHD
The treatment for ADD consists of medication, counseling, and cognitive behavioral therapies, with the main focus being ayurvedic medications. There are two types of approach to treat the ADHD, which includes herbs that pacifies all types of organs, dhatus and srota of the body. These herbs pacifies the vitiated Vata dosha. These herbs effectively correct the body metabolism and maintain the proper functioning of all organs. Examples of herbs are Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shanka pushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi). The other class of herbs are prescribed for correcting the mental disorder and effectively rejuvenate the brain.
ADHD Healer Kit
- Herbal Capsules Mind Calm Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Ashwagandha Quantity – 60
- Herbal Capsules Manasamitra Vatika Quantity – 30 ( 1 capsule/Day)