Giving Your Health a New Lift
- Lie flat on the back in the shava-asana.
- While exhaling bend the knees and bring the feet as close to the buttocks as possible with the soles of the feet flat on the floor.
- Bend the arms at the elbows and place the palms of the hands flat on the floor directly under each shoulder with the fingers pointing toward the back.
- While inhaling slowly, begin to raise the head, back and buttocks off the floor while arching the spine. Continue to press downward on the hands and feet while raising the hips and stomach as high as possible.
- Hold for the duration of the held inhaled breath. When you can’t hold the breath comfortable any longer, slowly exhale and return the back to the floor, slide the legs out straight returning to the shava-asana.
- The duration at the final posture is as per your comfort, don’t overdo it. Chakrasana can be repeated 3-4 times.
BENEFITS AND LIMITATIONS
- Helpful for waist pain, headache, eye problems, cervical and spondylosis.
- Makes the spinal cord flexible and strengthens stomach and intestines.
- Makes muscles of hands, thighs, legs stronger.
- Helpful for women’s menstrual disorders and uterus problems.