A diabetic patient can have diabetic neuropathy which is a kind of nerve damge throughout the body.
*It is nerve damage that is caused due to diabetes. High blood sugar levels in the body .It damage nerves in the feet and legs.
* Peripheral neuropathy- Damage to the nerves that reach out from the brain and spine to the rest of the body.
* Peripheral neuropathy can cause numbness, tingling, and pain.
*The second most common type of neuropathy is Autonomic neuropathy. The autonomic nervous system controls the automatic system of the body. This system controls many organs and muscles.
* Autonomic neuropathy can cause problems with the digestive system, urinary tract, eyes and sex organs.
*The third and the less known type of neuropathy is Proximal neuropathy, mostly seen in older people with type 2 diabetes affecting the legs, hips, and thighs and usually involves one side of the body.
*The fourth type of neuropathy is called Focal neuropathy, which occurs when a particular nerve or a group of nerves is affected, causing weakness in the affected area.
*High Blood sugar levels
*Damage to the blood vessels due to high cholesterol levels
*Consumption of alcohol
* A mechanical injury caused by carpal tunnel syndrome
*Loss of sense of touch
*Difficulty with coordination while walking
*Pain or numbness
*Vaginal dryness in women
*Erectile dysfunction in men
* Sensitivity to touch
Some important medicines which can also helps to prevent Diabetic Nephropathy
*Intake of healthy, nutritious food, fresh fruits, & salads.
• Drink plenty of water, homemade fresh juices.
• Do exercise daily for about 30-45 minutes.
• Improve your sleep quality.
• Decrease or avoid the amount of highly spicy, salty, oily, sweet food.
• Decrease the intake of excess tea, coffee, cold drinks, soft drinks, and other carbonated beverages.
• Avoid smoking and alcohol.
How to avoid Diabetic Nephropathy
Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic nephropathy . Ayurveda uses the inherent power of herbs to help in the treatment of diabetic nephropathy in a natural way .
According to ayurveda , it is believed that the body is controlled by these different energies
In our body ,these three energies maintain the balance and helps to improve our vitality .
* Inflamation of the nerves
* genetic factors
* Damage to blood vessels & nerves
* Hypertension induced damage to neurons
* Autoimmune disorder
* Numbness of the body parts
* Difficulty in sleeping
* Sudden weight loss
* speech problem
Different types of Stages
In this stage patient having normal GFR ,no symptoms
Kidney damage with mild decrease in GFR
no specific symptoms
In this stage ,GFR decreases
Symptoms -*Severe loss of protein and calcium
*shortness of breath
*Puffiness and water retention
* Back pain
Severe reduction in GFR
stage 3 symptoms more acute now .
At this stage, GFR less than 15 , Physician advise for dialysis or kidney transplant .Some severe symptoms blood in urine , acute breathlessness and swelling occur
Some important factors to prevent diabetic nephropathy
* Keep blood pressure in a normal range
* keep blood sugar under control
*Avoid high sugar foods
* Limit protein intake ,too much protein intake will increase the kidney burden and aggravate the kidney damage .
* Avoid high potassium foods such as oranges and banana
* Limit the salt intake , because too much salt intake will aggravate hypertension
* Exercise regularly
* Avoid smoking & alcohol
* Maintain a healthy weight
* Set a dietary plan and follow it
*Consume less salt less meat and less saturated fats .
AT AYURVEDA YOGASHRAM , we provide the best herbal treatment for diabetic neuropathy in a natural way without any side effects. Drugs pacifying Vata and Pitta Dosas are useful in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
- Herbal Capsules AZ-Nephro Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)
- Herbal capsules Reno Heal Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Nephro Plus Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal capsules Alpha Care Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tea Reno Care Quantity 150 gm* 2 packs