Kapha-pacifying diet to help enhance fat metabolism. Favor bitter, astringent and pungent foods. Astringent foods include most pulses or dried beans, such as lentils, split mung dhal, and garbanzo beans. Stay away from the larger beans, but favor the smaller, split kind. Astringent tastes also include many vegetables, such as the cruciferous family (broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower) and fruits such as apples and pears. Bitter foods include greens such as spinach, chard, kale, and mustard greens. These greens, when cooked and seasoned with spices, help cleanse the bowel and thus prevent the bad type of cholesterol from accumulating in the body.
The Kapha-pacifying diet also includes many healthy grains. Barley is Darshana, which means that it enhances fat metabolism. Oats provide needed fiber, as long as it is whole oats, not processed oats. Quinoa provides zinc, which enhances fat metabolism. Amaranth is also recommended. Avoid sweets, sour, and salty foods. Sweet foods include not just sugar but also rice, wheat, pasta, breads, and sweet milk products. Sour foods include not only lemons and other sour fruits, but yogurt, cheese, tomatoes and vinegar, which is found in salad dressings, ketchup, mustard and pickles. Even though yogurt is difficult to digest and clogs the channels because it is heavy and sour, a yogurt drink called digestive lassi is actually good for balancing cholesterol.For flavoring your food, use this Cholesterol-Balancinging Spice Mixture:
Cholesterol Balancing Spice Mixture
- 3 parts ground Turmeric
- 6 parts ground Cumin
- 6 parts ground Coriander
- 6 parts ground Fennel
- 2 parts ground Fenugreek
- 1 part dried powdered Ginger
- 1 part ground Black pepper
p>Instead, it’s better to eat balanced, freshly-cooked meals of organic foods flavored with all six tastes. When you include all six tastes (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent) in every meal, you will not have unnatural cravings that make you want to eat snacks. Also, if you eat your main meal at noon, when the sun and your digestive fire are both at their zenith, you won’t feel as hungry before the next meal. But sometimes if you are hungry between meals you can try the following:
- 1 ripe fruit, such as an apple, orange, peach, slice of melon, or 2 smaller fruits, such as 1 cup of grapes, 1/2 cup of strawberries or blueberries, or 2 mandarin oranges..
- A bowl of sliced fruit, flavored with cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey.
- Homemade trail mix made with 1 cup whole-grain toasted oat cereal, combined with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries or raisins.
- 2 slices of toasted, wholegrain/multi-seed, yeast-free bread topped with raw honey and cinnamon.
- Toasted flat bread topped with raw honey, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of soaked nuts. Avoid cashews as they are high in fat.
- 1 cup of pure \grape juice or pomegranate juice. Fresh-squeezed is best.
- Rice cake topped with honey.
- 1 cup unbuttered/unsweetened popcorn, seasoned with herbs.
- Small bowl of tossed salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber; grated carrot, beet and daikon radish; chopped fresh herbs; and lemon and olive oil dressing.
- 1 cup sweet or salty lassi.
The two fats recommended by Ayurveda are ghee and olive oil. Ghee, or clarified butter, is made by boiling butter and separating out the milk solids. What is left is a clear, pure fat that can be heated to high temperatures without destroying its natural qualities. Ghee provides essential fatty acids.Ghee is the most easily digestible fat, and it contains Vitamin A and E and acts as an antioxidant. It is also highly intelligent type of fat, because it is a food that converts quickly into ojas, the master coordinator that integrates consciousness, mind and body. Ojas is another word for nature& intelligence in the body.
The other oil that is recommended is olive oil.Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat, which means that it actually lowers cholesterol and triglycerides. But it is important to choose first cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil, which means that the oil is pressed from the olives without heat or unnatural processing. It’s also important not to heat olive oil at high temperatures for cooking. Use it for baking, for salad dressings, and for low-heat sauting of spices and vegetables. If you need to heat the oil at higher temperatures, it’s better to use ghee.
Both ghee and olive oil are recommended, because natureÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s intelligence has not been destroyed in their processing. Ghee contains smaller, highly intelligent fat molecules that pass through the lipid barrier and nourish the brain, which needs a higher proportion of intelligent fats than the rest of the body to function properly. That is why ghee is known as medhya, a substance that nourishes mental functioning and improves learning, retention and recall, in the same way that certain herbs and rasayanas nourish the mind.
Ayurvedic treatments and tips for High Cholesterol
- Coriander may be a excellent diuretic drug. It makes the kidneys perform their functions of excretion higher. Thus the kidneys flush out the surplus unnecessary cholesterols from the body.
- Arjuna has been used since centuries within the treatment of heart connected issues like heart attacks. The bark of the Arjuna once taken in powder kind has useful properties.
- Consume a lot of recent vegetables and fruits.
- Drinking coriander in water everyday helps within the reduction of cholesterin within the body.
- A simple remedy is to possess one piece of garlic each morning. This takes time to point out results, however the results are positive.
- Yoga is additionally terribly useful in correct circulation and elimination of the cholesterin buildup within the body.
Home Delivery of High Cholesterol Kit :
For the treatment of High Cholesterol we have an excellent combination of pure Herbal extracts, which reduces High Cholesterol without any side effect ,within a very short period of time. This combination is also helpful in treating the Lipoma.
High Cholesterol Healer Kit
- Herbal Capsules Az-Lipid Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)
- Herbal tablets Detoxy Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)