Paralysis of one or both sides of the face. this can be paralysis of part of the face caused by non-functioning of the nerve that controls the muscles of the face, particularly the muscles around the eye and to the mouth. This nerve is named the seventh cranial nerve. The seventh cranial nerve features a predominant motor part which provides all muscles concerned with unilateral facial features. it’s a condition that causes temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscles in one facet of the face. Facial paralysis can have long run effects on a personality’s quality of life, happiness and relationships. Facial palsy is paralysis of the muscles of facial features attributable to injury or incomplete development of the seventh cranial nerve. The seventh cranial nerve controls the facial muscles, particularly those around the eyes and mouth. This leads to associate degree inability to supply facial movements on the affected facet of the face like smiling. Facial spatial property may also be gift at rest. Facial paralysis on the affected facet is also total or be gift as associate degree incomplete paresis. Patients with facial palsy expertise varying degrees of paralysis in one 1/2 the face – this paralysis can build it difficult to close the attention, raise associate degree eyebrow, whistle or smile.
Causes of Facial Paralysis :
The most common explanation for acute facial paralysis is Bell’s palsy, caused by a Herpes infection. alternative causes of the condition embody trauma to the seventh cranial nerve, alternative styles of localised infection or inflammation.
- The seventh cranial nerve goes through a slender gap of bone from the brain to the face.
- The most common causes is acoustic tumour, trauma and parotid cancer.
- Infections microorganism infections conjointly lead to facial paralysis.
- This nerve becomes inflamed.
Symptoms of Facial Paralysis:
Facial paralysis usually affects one 1/2 the face. there’s a flattening of the affected 1/2 the face, with loss of the forehead wrinkles and horizontal lines, a droopy eyebrow, problem closing the attention, associate degree inability to whistle and therefore the corner of the mouth pulled down. Multiple recurrences of facial paralysis during a patient is also the sign or symptom of a serious sickness. Therefore, systemic diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes and tumors which may cause seventh cranial nerve compression ought to be investigated in patients with recurrent disorder facial paralysis. Moreover, cases of recurrent disorder facial paralysis is also acquainted.
- Irritation within the eye as a result of it does not blink and becomes too dry. Changes within the amount of tears the attention produces.
- Drooling from one facet of the mouth. the number of saliva created changes.
- Pain in front or behind the ear on the affected facet.
- Impossible to close one in every of the eyelids.
- Weakness in one facet of the face.
Exercises for Facial Paralysis Patients :
Facial paralysis exercises ar designed to help improve speech furthermore as facial movements in those that have suffered from a stroke. Facial paralysis will be temporary, and traditional facial operate can return with tokenish rehabilitation. Despite this, it’s usually necessary to perform various exercises from the jaw to the cheek to help expedite the method.
Home remedies for Facial Paralysis:
Ayurvedic Treatment for Facial Paralysis :
According Ayurveda has proved or stands to be one of the most effective treatment methodologies for the best possible recovery in Paralysis condition. Ayurveda provide excellent Panchakarma therapies along with oral medications for treating Paralysis. The therapies like Abhyanga swedam, Nasyam, Karna pooranam, Snehapanam, Virechanam, Shiro vasti, Sarvanga dhara (Pizhichil), Pichu, Navarakizhi, Vasti etc. are done as per the necessity and condition for about 4 – 5 weeks.
- Swedana – Hot steam therapy with Nirgundi and Tulsi leaves.
- Nasya – Vacha with Ashwagandha oil
- Shirodhara – Warm oil therapy to the third eye, delicately blended Sesame oil.
- Ashwagandha oil – Ashwagandha Tulsi and some essential oils
- Snehana – Body massage using warm sesame oil blended with herbs
- Basti – Enemas using Dashamula tea combined with oil.
- Meditation – Yoga, Pranayama breathing techniques are very beneficial.
Facial Paralysis Healer Kit
- Capsules AZ-Neuro Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)
- Capsules AZ-Neuro Gold Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)