Introduction – Hepatitis C
Liver is the most essential organ of our body as it performs various functions in our body that is important for healthy living. It helps in detoxification , metabolism ,aids digestion and not only this much but also helps in formation of protein and vitamins in our body .
Liver cells are called hepatocytes and they are considered as functional unit of the liver ,any damage to these cells can lead to various diseases .
Also the liver is considered as largest gland of the body. it secretes bile juice that helps in digestion of fats with the help of digestive enzyme in bile .
Any damage to the liver can severely alter the functions of liver and can damage it severely which could be life threatening and the disease hepatitis is one of the liver disease which damages liver and also is the leading cause of death .
The word hepatitis itself explains the meaning that is inflammation of liver , it happens due to virus that infect the body and leads to its inflammation .
There is not involvement of one virus in causing liver inflammation but almost 5 types of virus that causes hepatitis and those are –
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis D
- Hepatitis E
Out of these hepatitis C is also the common type of virus that infect people in the world, it occurs due to HCV virus. It’s severity can range from mild illness to lifelong disease and it is the major cause for leading liver cancer
The route of infection is haematogenous that is through blood and it causes both acute and chronic infection .
CAUSES OF hepatitis C
It is caused by HCV virus which enters body through blood route and leads to inflammation of the liver , the incubation period of the virus is from 2 weeks to 6 months . as per the immunity of the patient the severity of infection varies .
It is blood borne and can be transmitted through –
- Transfusion of infected blood
- Reusing Infected needles and syringes
- Sharing of razors
- Injecting infected needles for drug abuse
- Unsafe sexual practices
- It can also pass from mother to child
- exposure to infected blood by any source
- By practicing unsafe tattooing
Also keep in mind that it does not spread through the following-
- Breast milk of infected mother
- By sharing food and utensils with infected person
- By physical contact like hugging and kissing.
Symptoms again depend on the severity of the disease and also on the immunity of the person
In some people due to stronger immunity the virus does not affect liver to that extent that it will show symptoms , so some are asymptomatic .
Even people who are chronically affected by the virus also do not show any such symptoms
In acute conditions and less immune people symptoms mentioned below can be seen –
- Dark urine
- Grey coloured faeces
- Joint pain
- Abdominal pain
- Weigh loss
- Pale skin complexion
It is diagnosed by –
- serological test where anti-HCV bodies are detected
- nucleic acid test for HCV (RNA)
- Liver biopsy
Hepatitis C in Ayurveda
As per ayurveda liver is called yakrit and it is the main sthana (place) for pitta dosha (ranjak pitta) and agni (digestive fire) .Ranjak pitta helps in formation of rakta (blood) from rasa ( metabolised food) and agni helps in digestion of food.
Due to wrong food habits and life style pitta aggravates which then affects rakta formation and agni which will then lead to various disorders like hepatitis , cirrhosis and fatty liver etc, like problems .
The leading cause behind liver disorder in ayurveda is pitta dosha and agni and correction of these two helps in curing the disease.
So ayureda medicine approach is to correct the viated pitta dosha and agni , and these two are managed using diet , mild changes in daily routine and with herbal medication.
MANAGEMENT OF HEPATITIS C
Hepatitis is well managed by ayurveda and there is no other best method than ayurveda in order to revive the damaged liver cells.
Only ayurvedic herbs have rejuvenating power that can even heal the dead hepatocyte effectively .
- Avoid oily and heavy foods
- Avoid junk food items
- Include fruits like apple, bananas , cherries , oranges etc in your diet
- Eat vegetables like carrot , broccoli , cucumber , tomatoes .
- Avoid excess sugar like cakes , pastries , ice creams , soft drinks , etc.
- Drink more liquid and coconut water .
- Avoid taking caffeine in excess
- Quit alcohol
- Stop adding too much spices and salt in your food
- Drink herbal tea
- Take meals on time
- Do not over eat
CHANGES IN DAY ROUTINE
- Do regular exercise and manage weight
- Regular yoga is quite helpful to keep dosha and agni in balanced state
- Take proper sleep and rest
- Follow dincharya as per ayurveda
- Avoid consuming liver toxic drugs or any antibiotic for longer period such as paracetamol which is liver toxic
- Maintain hygiene
- Follow safe sexual practices
- Carefully use medical syringes or other equipment
- Do not share needles , razors.
- Follow safe tattoo practicing
KUTKI –it is popular as a liver tonic , due to its really good results in liver disorders like hepatitis , cirrhosis etc, . it lowers fat content in the liver and also has anti-inflmmatory property because of its compound called apocynin.
It increases digestive fire and treat other pittaj related disorders .
- BHUMI AAMLA –it has liver protecting properties . anti-inflammatory action prevent inflammation of liver . increases appetite due to its deepan (ignite digestive fire ) property . balances kapha and pitta dosha .
- KAALMEGH –it is having deepan property and removes toxins from body works as detoxifier.
Maintain liver enzyme functions , reduces inflammation . Balances pitta dosha.
- GUDUCHI (giloy) – it is known to be very effective drug for humans as it is having anti-viral property works great in hepatitis , anti –inflammatory , rich in anti-oxidants , helps in removal of toxins from body , also maintains liver enzyme functioning and helps in boosting immunity.
- TRIPHALA – it is a combination of three drugs aamla , bhibhitak , hariktaki and is one of the very effective drug in treating fatty liver as it maintains enzymatic actions of liver , reduces high bad cholesterol levels in blood and having very good anti –inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
It works as mild laxative as liver disorders are pitt dosha related disorders and to balance pitta dosha virechan .
- BHRINGRAJ –it also possess anti-inflmmatory and detoxifying action , rejuvenate liver cells .
- PITT PAPRA – it is also effective in pitta disorders and so used in liver disorders. Due to cold potency it prevents bleeding disorders . and external paste of it can relieve from the itching and burning sensation.
- GINGER- it helps in lowering fat in fatty liver and enhances the action of liver enzymes .
It has deepan and pachan (digestive stimulant ) property so increases appetite.
It lowers high cholesterol levels in blood.Helps in detoxification and prevent inflammation
We at ayurveda yogashram provide treatment for hepatitis C. we provide hepatitis kit which is a combination of two three products that include immuno plus , AZ-Hepta and other few customised drugs . it is very effective in treating hepatitis and restoring normal liver function it contain all those mystical herbs which helps in boosting immunity and promoting liver health.
Our hepatitis kit gives best results without any side effects and our all medicines approved by government of India.
Home Delivery of Hepatits Healer Kit
- Ayurvedic Capsules Immuno Plus Gold Dosage one daily
- Ayurvedic Tablets AZ Hepta Dosage 1-1-1
- Ayurvedic Tablets Immuno Plus Dosage 1-0-1
- Ayurvedic Tablets Detoxy Dosage 1-1-1