- Eat a nutritionally balanced diet that contains plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- A balanced diet also provides nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, that may be beneficial for people with facial paralysis.
- Exercise the facial muscles daily (smile, lift your eyebrow,try to whistle, close your eyes etc.).
- Eating healthy foods including plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, legumes, poultry, fish, lean meats, and low-fat dairy products.
- Coffee and caffeine may lower the risk and progression of facial paralysis disease.
- Eat garlic with olive oil (mash the garlic and mix it with the olive oil).
- Use multivitamin complex with B vitamins (B1,B2,B6,B12).
- Put a heating pad on low and put it on infected side of face. Hold for 3 minutes then rest it for 3 min. Repeat.
- Drink plenty of water.
- All cold foods must be avoided. This includes ice-creams and cold drinks, as well as cold fruits and vegetables such as oranges, green bananas, papayas, watermelons and cucumbers.
- Curds and other sour foods must be avoided.
- The diet must consist of wheat rather than rice.
- Green leafy vegetables are best in conditions of facial paralysis.
- Alcohol and smoking must be avoided at all costs.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Facial Paralysis :
According Ayurveda has proved or stands to be one of the most effective treatment methodologies for the best possible recovery in Paralysis condition. Ayurveda provide excellent Panchakarma therapies along with oral medications for treating Paralysis. The therapies like Abhyanga swedam, Nasyam, Karna pooranam, Snehapanam, Virechanam, Shiro vasti, Sarvanga dhara (Pizhichil), Pichu, Navarakizhi, Vasti etc. are done as per the necessity and condition for about 4 – 5 weeks.
- Swedana – Hot steam therapy with Nirgundi and Tulsi leaves.
- Nasya – Vacha with Ashwagandha oil
- Shirodhara – Warm oil therapy to the third eye, delicately blended Sesame oil.
- Ashwagandha oil – Ashwagandha Tulsi and some essential oils
- Snehana – Body massage using warm sesame oil blended with herbs
- Basti – Enemas using Dashamula tea combined with oil.
- Meditation – Yoga, Pranayama breathing techniques are very beneficial.
Paralysis Healer Kit
- Capsules AZ-Neuro Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)
- Capsules AZ-Neuro Gold Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)