HOW AYURVEDA CAN TREAT SARCOIDOSIS
Sarcoidosis is a disease that causes inflammation of multiple organs in body characterized by non-caseating granulomas (inflammatory cells) formation which then alters the function and structure of organs . most commonly lungs ,skin ,eyes and lymph nodes are involved but can also affect heart and other organs.
CAUSES OF SARCOIDOSIS
The exact cause of sarcoidosis is completely unknown but Some people may have a genetic predisposition to develop the disease triggered by dust ,chemicals ,viruses or bacteria . These triggers hyperactivate the immune system of body and this leads to formation of granulomas in the body which then builds up in organ and interferes with its functioning .
OTHER RISK FACTORS LEADING TO SARCOIDOSIS
- AGE AND SEX it can occur at any age but most of the cases are seen between the age of 20 to 60 years .W omens are seen at the higher risk.
- Family history with same case
- Exposure to chemicals
- Genetic factor
- People having allergy
SYMPTOMS OF SARCOIDOSIS
Sarcoidosis symptoms varies according to the organ affected but also there are few general symptoms that appears in every person suffering from it.
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Loss of weight
- Pain in joints
- Fever in infectious cases
SYMPTOMS WHEN LUNGS ARE INVOLVED
- Pain in chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
SYMPTOMS WHEN EYES ARE INVOLVED
- Pain in eyes
- Redness in eyes
- Dry eyes
- Blurring of vision
- Itching and burning sensation in eyes
SYMPTOMS WHEN SKIN IS INVOLVED
- changes in skin color
- lesions on skin specially on nose ,ears or cheeks
- reddish purplish bumps appear on ankles or shin .
- warm and tender rashes to touch
- nodules are formed
SYMPTOMS WHEN HEART IS INVOLVED
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- episodes of syncope(fainting)
- arrhythmias (irregular heart beat)
- oedema due to fluid collection
SYMPTOMS WHEN MUSCLES , BONES AND JOINTS ARE INVOLVED
- pain in joint
- tender joints
- restricted movement
- complications can lead to osteomyelitis , joint deformity ,osteoarthritis etc .
SYMPTOMS WHEN KIDNEYS ARE INVOLVED
- kidney failure
- oedema due to fluid retention
- blood pressure fluctuation
sarcoidosis also affect liver, spleen ,nervous system where symptoms appear accordingly , it also interferes calcium metabolism in the body .
AYURVEDA EXPLAINS THE CONECPT
According to ayurveda ,human body is having seven dhatus ,that are rasa , rakta(blood) ,mamsa (muscle ), meda (fat), asthi(bones) , majja (bone marrow) and shukra (semen). All are having their own specific function
In case of sarcoidosis it is believed that different dhatus are affected due to aggravated tridoshas(vata ,pitta and kapha) and also there is involvement of ama( toxins). Ama condition arises when food we eat is not properly digested by digestive fire in case of agnimandya (low power of digestive fire)which vitiates all doshas and formation of all seven dhatu. So in this case there is involvement of vata ,pitta and kapha dosha and symptoms appears according to the organ and dominant doshas plus the affected dhatu.
Vata ,pitta aggravation leads to swelling and inflammation in the body and aggravated kapha increases ama (toxicity) in the body affecting multiple systems .now when ama(toxin )formation takes place in the body it is circulated throughout body via blood and where ever these toxins deposit they act as antigen to the body and there the immune system gets triggered which is the major factor for causing inflammation .
Causes of aggravation of doshas could be the wrong lifestyle and dietary pattern .
Eating junk food , lack of proper sleep and rest , sedentary lifestyle , lack of exercise , stress are the leading cause for inducing autoimmune diseases like this
MANAGEMENT OF SACROIDOSIS IN AYURVEDA
Ayurveda focus on treating disease from its root cause and has effective approach to the treatment of sarcoidosis. Treatment comprises of diet modifications ,life style changes , stress management , panchakarma and herbal remedies .
Diet focus mainly remain towards managing all doshas and ama
- Avoid taking spicy and salty food
- Add good spices like garlic , turmeric and ginger into daily food instead red and green chillies.
- Avoid consuming junk and processed foods.
- Eat more, broccoli , spinach and green veggies
- Eat pomegranate ,guava ,watermelon and grapes .
- Avoid extra preservative ,fats and sugars.
- Cut of alcohol and caffeine intake
- Drink green or herbal tea for detoxification
- Add black pepper in food and vegetables.
LIFE STYLE CHANGES
- Quit smoking
- Sleep on time
- Do not over stress
- Avoid over exertion
- Do daily walk and few exercises to keep joints movable
- Do regular yoga -it is quite helpful in keeping joints movable and active , improves blood circulation.
Stress is the key factor in aggravating vata ,so need proper management. For managing stress certain methods are helpful –
- Drink herbal tea
- Do yoga and meditation
- Stretch your body
- Take proper rest and sleep
Ayurveda is blessed with abundance of herbs that are effective in balancing dosha out of those some have great property in managing sarcoidosis such as ashwagandha , neem ,arjuna , giloye etc, and with the experience of 25 years Ayurvedayogashram has made a healer kit which includes all those essential products that will be covering all parameters .
The kit includes immuno plus gold , Az –Respicure , caircuma plus and shwasa kasa chintamani gold . these four combinations are very important part of the treatment and other medicines are added according to the condition of the patient
All of our medicines have shown wonderful results and are 100% safe and natural .