Motor Neuron Disease
Motor neuron disease
A neuron is a specialized cell that carry messages and the process by which these neurons carries messages from one part of brain to other is through electrochemical process . There are two types of neurons in the body that is sensory neurons and motor neurons .
Sensory neurons carry information from all over body to the brain and brain sends information to the body from the brain .
Motor neurons are the cells in the brain and spinal cord that help us to walk , speak , write , swallow ,breathe and move by sending signals from the higher centre brain to the muscle . motor neurons are again divided into upper motor neuron and lower motor neuron forming a circuit in the body and they control both voluntary and involuntary movements by innervating various muscles and glands .
Cerebral cortex of the brain is the root of origin of upper motor neurons and these neurons travel down to the brain stem and spinal cord whereas lower motor origin from the spinal cord and innervates various muscles and glands .
For the transmission of nerve signals different chemicals are involved as a neurotransmitter , In upper motor neurons glutamate is the neurotransmitter and in lower motor neurons acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter .Any damage to these motor nerves can affect all motor functioning .
WHAT IS MND
Motor neuron disease is a neurodegenerative disease which affects the nerves in brain and spine , in this motor neurons progressively lose its function lead ro wasting of muscles .
It occurs mostly in adults and children though it can occur in any age but most patients are over the age of 40 years and males are more affected as compared to females .
Each kind of motor disease includes different types of nerve cells , out of which ALS is the most common type of MND in adults
TYPES OF MND
1.ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) – it is the most common type that affects both upper motor neurons and lower motor neurons . it affects muscle of legs ,arms , mouth and respiratory system .
- PBP (progressive bulbar palsy) – it involves brain stem , this condition causes difficulty in speech , eating , swallowing and choking.
- Pseudo-bulbar palsy- it is similar to PBP affect motor neurons that controls speech , ability to chew , in this people cry or laugh with no control .
- PMA (progressive muscle atrophy) – it affects lower motor neurons in the spinal cord and causes muscle wasting in arms , legs and mouth as there is no movement .
- spinal muscular atrophy – it is an inherited motor neuron disease which affects children , it is caused by SMA 1 gene abnormality , the gene which protects the motor neuron . it tends to affect legs ,arms and trunk region .
As per ayurveda , nervous system is under the control of vata dosha , all the movements , reflexes are under its control and due to vitiation of vata dosha there occurs involvement of other two doshas which pitta and kapha , therefore imbalance of all three dosha when takes place leads to damage of nerves and its alters its functioning .
Also the very interesting fact that why this disease occurs after 40 years of age mostly ?,ayurveda have its explaination , it is because ayurveda says that vata dosha increases when the person cross 40 years of age and enters vridhawastha and here the process of degeneration begins normally in every adult but in case to certain factors it only affects some people majorly.
So excessive vata in the body can causes tremors , confusion and decrease in vata dosha activity can lead to loss of movement , speech and swallowing and only only vata involvement of kapha and pitta also blocks the normal functioning of vata in the body and hence balance of all these three dosha will help in curing the MND from the root.
CAUSES OF MND
- Genetic factor
- Environmental factors
- Viral infection
- Lesion in the nerve
- Due to disc changes
- Accidents leading to nerve damage
- Wrong dietary habits
- Night awakening
- Weakening of grip and holding
- Muscle pains
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle twitch
- Slurred speech
- Weakness in arms and legss
- Loss of reflexes
- Increased clumsiness
- Difficulty in swallowing with episodes of choking
- Breathing difficulty
- Shortness of breath
- Limbs become progressively weaker
- Muscle stiffness
- Joint pains
- Eating , drinking becomes difficult
- Muscle pain increases
- Weakness increases
- Movement becomes more difficult
- Drooling occurs
- Jaw pain
- Speech problem worsens
- Anxiety , depression and insomnia
- Uncontrollable crying and laughing
- Unable to move
- Unable to swallow
- Unable to speech
- Complications of the respiratory system
Need supportive care
Management of MND
In allopathy there is no proper cure for this , only symptomatic treatment is given along with physiotherapy and rehabilitation like supportive care , but ayurveda is ray of hope in this due to rare herbs present abundantly in world of ayurveda which work as best brain and nervine tonic .
These mystical herbs help in rejuvenating nerve cells and strengthens them , also improves its functioning .
In ayurveda we have a special MND kit which is a combination of herbs that helps in rejuvenating neurons and strengthening the weak muscles , helps in reducing pain and weakness . also the combination includes herbs that are brain tonic and helps in calming brain , improves speech , reduces anxiety and depression also helps in better sleep .the kit is formed after the research of 25 years by the team of our expert doctors . The kit includes-
- AZ NEURO which is the best product include all important herbs covering MND
- NEURO GOLD is best combination containing gold which is powerful nerve rejuvenator,slows down degeneration and boost immunity .
- ASHWAGANDHA it is provide to strengthen muscles , nerves and brain , also boost up immunity and prevent muscle atrophy.
- BRAHMI GOLD it is given to provide strength to the brain which is the root of motor nerves and thereby quite helpful in MND.
Our products are 100% safe , natural and approved by the government of India.
Motor Neuron Disease Healer Kit
- Cap. AZ-Neuro Gold Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)
- Cap. Ashwagandha Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)
- Cap. AZ-Amrita Quantity – 90 (1-0-1)
- Tab. Brihat Vat Chintamani Quantity – 30 (1 Tab per/day)