POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY SYMPTOMS AND HOME REMEDIES TREATMENT
The kidney is one of the very essential organs that perform various functions like removing harmful waste from the body such as urea ammonia etc, these harmful wastes if not removed by the kidney then it can lead to multiple organ failures. There are so many kidney diseases that are life-threatening to people one among them is polycystic kidney disorder PKD. Polycystic kidney is one of the life-threatening inherited disorders that are due to the defect in some genes of an individual. In this disease, there is the formation of fluid-filled cysts in clusters all over the kidney and due to this kidney becomes enlarged. These cysts are non-cancerous but can affect normal functions of the kidney progressively and further cause kidney failure.
TYPES OF POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISORDER
There are two types of polycystic kidneys –
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disorder [ADPKD] This condition is common and occurs due to defect in genes. These defective genes can pass on to the next generation if one parent or both parents are affected. Affected individuals are often asymptomatic in their early ages and symptoms appears at age of 30-50 year.
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disorder [ARPKD] This condition is less common and mostly seen in early ages of life. This condition is common in newborns as the symptoms appear within a few days of birth. In this type, there is the involvement of cyst not only in the kidney but can also occur in the liver. ARPKD can also be diagnosed during the pregnancy period in the womb.
WHAT CAUSES POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY AND WHAT ARE RISK FACTORS TO THE PATIENT ?
A genetic factor is the only factor responsible for this disease. if one parent is having a defective gene that causes polycystic disease even if the parent itself is not affected by the disease he is just the carrier of the gene, but still, this gene when passed on to the child will put the child at risk of developing PKD. Blood relative carrying genes can also put individuals at risk of developing cystic kidneys.
- It can cause kidney failure
- Can lead to hypertension ( high blood pressure)
- Can cause preeclampsia (one of the medical emergencies in pregnant ladies)
- Kidney stones
- Put the patient at heart risk
- Liver failure
- Cyst in pancreas
- A brain aneurysm (ballooning of arteries )
These are some of the risk factors that can be life-threatening for the patient.
SYMPTOMS ADPKD – In autosomal dominant polycystic disorder
- Hypertension ( high BP )
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- Severe headache
- Blood in urine
- Nail abnormality
- Urinary tract infection
- Joint pains
- Increased frequency of urination
- Kidney stones
- Creatinine level high
ARPKD - in autsomal recessive polycystic kidney disorder symptoms are
- High blood pressure
- Swollen abdomen due to large size of kidney
- Difficulty in breathing
- Urinary tract infection
- Vomiting after breastfeeding
- Pain and tenderness in the abdomen
- Growth failure
- Liver cyst
AYURVEDIC POINT OF VIEW FOR POLYCYSTIC KIDNEYS
According to Ayurveda, kidneys are called as vrikka and root of mutravhasrota (urine forming channels ), responsible for the formation of urine .our normal functioning is maintained by a balanced state of dosha Vata Pitta and Kapha and due to the vitiation of these three dosha srotas dushti occurs which then leads to various disorders like granthi (cyst) formation.
MANAGEMNT OF POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISORDER AT HOME
Management is very necessary for these patients as it is a life-threatening disease and progressively affects kidney function. It can put the patient on dialysis and can ultimately lead to the death of the patient.
- Maintain blood pressure level
- Maintain blood sugar level
- management of weight is important
- exercise daily
- quit smoking
- include low sodium diet
- avoid oily and junk food
- eat more fiber-rich food items
- include kultha pulse in diet
- avoid spicy food items and pickles
- include yoga
- increase fluid intake
- avoid vegetables like tomatoes, spinach (palak), sweet potatoes (shakarkandi) .
- do not drink colas
- avoid fruits like bananas and oranges if kidney damage is more, as they are rich in potassium. try to include fruits like apples and grapes.
- reduce protein intake in the diet
AYURVEDA TREATMENT FOR POLYCYSTIC KIDNEYS
Ayurvedic treatment is found to be really effective in treating cystic kidneys and act as nectar for patients suffering from this deadly disease. Ayurvedic herbs have great properties to rejuvenate kidneys and maintain their normal functioning for a long time.
Drugs that help in the treatment are –
- Shatavari – it is having rejuvenating properties and stimulates regeneration of damaged cells of the kidney. Enhances normal functioning and inhibits the formation of cysts in the kidney. it acts as a diuretic and so helps in treating urinary tract infection helps in curing kidney stones also
- Punarnava – it helps in reducing creatinine levels, balances the dosha, promotes cardiac and renal health, it is also having mild diuretic properties.
- Gokshura – is also has diuretic properties and helps in treating urinary infection, it has anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating action .found effective in treating polycystic kidneys.
- Kultha –it helps in dissolving stones due to its antilithic (stone breaking) and is diuretic in nature.
- Pashanbheda – it also has stone-breaking property found effective in the treatment of stones and has diuretic property. It also has anti-diabetic action that helps in reducing blood sugar levels, liver protective, and also has the property of lowering high blood pressure. It balances all three doshas.
- bhumi amla – it also helps in reducing high blood pressure, diuretic in nature, controls blood sugar levels, also helps in removal of kidney stones.
These are some of the drugs that help in treating cysts and managing other problems like diabetes, UTI, hypertension that are the major risk factors for kidney damage.
It reduces creatinine level in a few months of its consumption and prevents the kidney from undergoing dialysis.
We also provide products that have a combination of the best medicinal herbs that help in lowering creatinine levels and establish normal kidney functions effectively without any side effects.
- Herbal Capsules AZ-Nephro Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Reno Heal Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Nephro Plus Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Alpha Care Quantity – 60 (1-1-1)
- Herbal tablets Reno Care Quantity