Shilajit is obtained from rocks in the Himalayan region. It is a form of mineral that drips from the cracks of the rocks during hot weather. It is the decomposition of plant matter in the rocks from thousands and ten of thousands of years in the past. The bio-transformed plant matter is extruded from the rocks by geothermal pressures. It is collected in raw form for further purification. Walking high in the Himalayan Mountains, a thick rich paste oozing out from the rocks in the towering cliffs is Shilajit. It increases the core energy responsible for sexual and spiritual power, the same force that is withered by stress and anxiety. Shilajit is well known for renewing vitality.
Shilajit is exudates that is pressed out from layers of rock in sacred mountains in Nepal and other high mountains. It is composed of humus and organic plant material that has been compressed by layers of rock. Humus is formed when soil microorganisms decompose animal and plant material into elements usable by plants. Plants are the source of all our food and humus is the source of plant food. Unlike other soil humus, Shilajit humus consists of 60 – 80% organic mass. About 200 million years ago, India was a large island off the Australian coast separated from the Eurasian continent by the Tethys Sea. The Indian continent drifted north at a rate of about 9 meters a century. This movement leads to the eventual disappearance of the Tethys sea. 40 to 50 million years ago the Indian continent collided with the Asian continent. This caused the sea bed of the Tethys sea to be pushed up and keep moving up to eventually form the Himalayan mountains. The Himalayan mountains continue to rise more than 1 Centimeter a year. During this transition, the mineral-rich and fertile soil of the sea bed gave rise to a lush and dense tropical jungle. As the ground continued to be pushed up to become mountains a lot of the plants became trapped by layers of rock and soil and remained preserved for thousands of years. These plants had never been exposed to any chemicals, fertilizers, or pesticides. They are gradually transformed into Humus, a rich organic mass that is food for new plant life. Due to microbial action and the tremendous pressure from the weight of the mountains the Humus was transformed into a dense, viscous, mineral-rich mass. This is Shilajit. The trapped layers of Shilajit become exposed due to the freezing winters, hot summer sun, and erosion from monsoon rains. Shilajit will “flow” out from between the cracks in the layers of rock during the summer when the temperature of the mountains gets warm enough and the Shilajit becomes less viscous. The native Nepali people climb the mountains, repel down cliffs to collect the Shilajit.
Our health is more dependent on minerals than on protein, carbohydrates, or vitamins. Minerals are on every cell of the body and are vital for our overall mental and physical well-being. The body cannot manufacture any minerals. They must be obtained via diet. Due to the depletion of minerals in the soil and in order to get enough minerals from the typical diet, we would have to eat more than we could possibly want to. The majority of the population is deficient in the 84 minerals required by the body and mind. The inevitable result is reduced health and longevity.
- Shilajit is composed of centuries-old, decomposed plants that are a potent source of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. It just may be nature’s most potent trace mineral source. It’s a powerful adaptogen, helping protect against all types of mental and physical stress.
- It is never consumed in raw form but purified first before use.
- Shilajit is a very potent antioxidant that helps fight free radicals and the oxidation of the body’s cells. For this reason, it is thought to promote longevity.
- This substance is said to be able to reduce pain, treat all types of arthritis, treat joint and muscle pain, and treat inflammation.
- Many people consume Shilajit for these health conditions, especially as they get older.
- Shilajit can strengthen the nervous system and help with stress, mental fatigue, epilepsy, anxiety, and depression. It can also promote better concentration and is thought to increase learning ability and enhance memory.
- It’s used to treat heart-related ailments and maintain normal blood pressure. Shilajit is beneficial to the digestive system, stomach, and intestines. It can relieve indigestion, gastritis, constipation, and pain in the abdomen.
- It protects and enhances the workings of the kidneys, pancreas, and thyroid gland. It increases blood circulation, as well.
- Shilajit is considered a protector of the liver, as it maintains proper secretion of enzymes and juices that are essential to a healthy metabolism. It possesses anti-microbial action that protects the body.
- Shilajit can increase physical strength, energy, and stamina, making it great for hard-working people and athletes. It increases sperm count in men and regulates sex hormones. It is thought to be a sexual enhancer.
- Treat diabetes
- Treat respiratory conditions
- Treat coughs
- Sexual enhancer
- Potent vitamin and mineral source
- For longevity
- For anti-aging
- As an energy booster
- As an adaptogen
- Treat arthritis and joint pain
- Reduce inflammation
- Aid memory and thinking
- Reduce stress
- Reduce physical and mental fatigue
- Treat anxiety and depression
- For better powers of concentration
- Maintain heart health
- Treat high blood pressure
- Improve digestion
- Treat gastritis, constipation and indigestion
- Protect the liver and pancreas
- Increase blood circulation
- Protect and maintain the thyroid gland
- Increase metabolism
- For proper enzyme secretion
- For itâ€™s anti-microbial properties
- Increase physical strength and endurance
- Treat premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
- Treat urinary problems and kidney stones
- To detoxify the body and remove toxins
- Treat anemia
- Treat ulcers
- Increase natural growth hormone production
The porous Fulvic acid and Humic acids in Shilajit carry herbal compounds deeply into the tissues of the body. These porous carrying cavities also hook toxins and escort them out of the body.
- It is known as the Conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness
- It is used for general physical strengthening
- Anti-oxidant: it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier
- Blood sugar stabilization. Use for the prevention and stabilization of Diabetes
Shilajit in India is an aphrodisiac. It is well known that Shilajit would return the libido of people to a level of teenagers. It will keep your Vigor, Vitality, and Energy at optimum levels. Shilajit works like Viagra to enhance the effect of nitric oxide to produce an erection. It is also called “Indian Viagra”.
- Urinary tract rejuvenation
- Enhanced brain function
- Bone healing
- Kidney rejuvenation
- Immune system strengthening-, it will keep your Vigor, Vitality, and Energy at optimum levels
- Obesity and many other applications for numerous conditions
- Traditionally Shilajit was designed for countering Diabetes, regulating the blood sugar level, improving pancreas function, purifying the blood, improving spleen function, strengthening digestion, improving metabolism, reducing fat, dissolving tumors, reducing tiredness, counteracting thirst, as a powerful rejuvenator, and as a sexual enhancer