Normally in an healthy individual less than 150mg of protein is excreted in the urine each day and Presence of protein more than this limit is termed as proteinurea. This condition indicates kidney damage.
When kidney gets damaged large amount of protein escapes out from kidney through urine .
RISK FACTOR OF PROTIENUREA
- Other kidney disorder
- Genetic disorder
CAUSES OF PROTEINUREA
- Heart disease
- Inflammation of kidney called glomerulonephritis leads to damage of glomerula and can further lead to poteinurea.
- Preeclampsia in pregnant women is an emergency condition which can be life threatening.
- Immune disorder like systemic lupus erythematous
- Dehydration due to vomiting , diarrhea .
- Exposure to cold conditions
- Amyloidosis (building up of abnormal proteins in your organs)
- Cancer can also cause proteinurea
- Chronic kidney disease
- Increase protein intake in diet.
SYMPTOMS OF PROTEINUREA
- Muscle cramping
- Frothy urine
- Loss of appetite
- Oedema on feets and hands
- Pain in back and abdomen
- Puffiness of eyes
- Shortness of breath
- more frequent urination
AYURVEDIC UNDERSTANDING OF PROTEINUREA
According to ayurveda , proteinurea is correlated with ojomeh which is mentioned under prahmeh(diabetes)roga . it is due to the vitiation of dosha due to wrong dietary habits and life style.
Causes as per ayurveda –
- sedentary life style
- intake of excess salt rich diet
- intake of excess jaggery causes vitiation of kapha dosha
- lack of exercise can put the person at risk of developing prameh
- intake of high protein rich diet
All these factors causes vitiation of all of three dosha which leads to prameh rog and if person does not changes the lifestyle then it will lead to the last stage of prahmeh that is vata dosha dominant stage where ojomeh is one of the condition and is then difficult to treat.
MANAGEMENT OF PROTEINUREA AT HOME
Management by changing ahara (food habits)
- include barley (yava) in diet.
- Include pulses like arhar, kullatha , and mung in diet.
- Avoid pulses like maash ,rajma , channe .
- Vegatables like methi , karela (bitter gourd) ,lauki , parvar can be taken
- Eat fruits such as orange , watermelon , apple , papaya ,jaamun(blackberry) and others with less sugar.
- Karela juice can be taken empty stomach
- Have overnight soaked methi seeds regularly
- Avoid fats , oil , ghee , butter in excess
- Avoid rice , potatoes , and other carbohydrate rich food items.
- Include multigrain atta in making roti instead of plain wheat grain atta
- Haldi is beneficial in early stages of prameh (diabetes)
- Avoid salt intake in excess use sendha namak (Epsom salt) instead of normal.
- Drink more liquid keep body hydrated
MANAGEMENT BY VIHARA ( by changing lifestyle)
- Do regular exercise
- Practice yoga
- Steam bath can be taken it reduces meda (FAT) in obese patients.
- Do breathing exercise helps in reducing hypertension
- Stop sleeping during day times
AYURVEDIC HERBS THAT HELPS IN MANAGEMENT OF PROTEINUREA
- Gokshura –it is effective in lowering blood sugar levels .also act as mild diuretic effective in urinary tract infections and kidney stones .
gokshur also has anti-inflammatory action and so prevent glomerulonephritis, and helps reducing protein content in urine .
- Varuna – it is a natural diuretic ,and found to be very effective in kidney disorders .
It purifies blood and remove toxins from the body.
It strengthens the function of kidney , reduces protein level in the urine . it also has anti-inflammatory action prevent inflammation of kidney glomerula.
- Punarnava – it contains punarnavoside glycoside which is found to be very effective in protecting kidneys against many disease . having rejuvenation power .
Helps in managing blood pressure also in high blood pressure patients.
Helps in reducing protein high content in urine
- Ashwagandha –it improves immunity , it has anti-inflammatory action , strengthen kidney function , helps in management of high blood pressure and lowers high cholesterol levels in blood, helps in maintaining diabetes by reducing high sugar levels in blood.
- Haridra –its is one of the best drug having good anti-inflammatory property , rich in anti-oxidants ,
It reduces urea and creatinine level effectively.helps in reducing proteinurea
- Guduchi – it is one of the immunomodulator in chronic diseases. Has anti-inflammatory action .
It also has anti-diabetic action reduces blood sugar levels in blood.
- Sahadevi –it also has anti-inflammatory action and have vata dosh balancing property.
- Pashanbheda– it has stone breaking property found effective in treatment of stones and has diuretic property.
It also has anti-diabetic action helps in reducing blood sugar level , kidney proctective , and also has property of lowering high blood pressure. It balances all the three dosha .
- Shunti- it is having deepan (igniting ) property that helps to correct amaj (undigested food) condition and tackles kapha dosha ,treat nausea ,vommiting like symptoms , also has anti-inflammatory action , provide relief from pain , reduces blood sugar level and have kidney protective action as well .
- Triphala –it is the combination of three herbs that is haritaki , bhibhitaki and amalaki . this combination is found effective in reducing protein levels in the urine . it also has anti-inflmmatory action . balances all three dosha .
Have great rejuveniting power and helps in healing of kidney.
These all herbs are found be really effective in treating kidney disorders and maintain kidney health in patients those who are prone to kidney failure and dialysis.
Proteinurea can be effectively corrected by using formulations of these above mentioned medicines and by following the lifestyle and healthy diet as mentioned above.
We also provide medicine for proteinurea . our products are
Protein-Urea Healer Kit:
Our Price : $180/-