Giving Your Health a New Lift
- Sit in any comfortable meditation posture with the hands on the knees in chin or jnana mudra.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Extend the tongue outside the mouth as far as possible without strain.
- Roll the sides of the tongue up so that it forms a tube.
- Inhale and draw the breath in through this tube.
- At the end of inhalation, draw the tongue in, close the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- Practice yogic breathing throughout.
- The breath should produce a notice similar to rushing wind.
- A feeling of icy coldness will be experienced on the tongue and the roof of mouth.
- This is one round.
- Practice 9 r
- Gradually increase the number of rounds from 9 to 15 and the duration of each inhalation/exhalation.
- For general purposes 15 rounds are sufficient: however, up to 60 rounds may be performed
- This practice cools the body and mind as well. It affects important brain centers associated with biological drives and temperature regulation.
- It cools and reduces mental and emotional excitation, and encourages the free flow of prana throughout the body.
- On the tongue and the cooling sensation of the breath.