Back Pain Ayurvedic Treatment
Back pain is a common problem that affects most people at some point in their life. It usually feels like an ache, tension, or stiffness in your back. Back pain is as much a part of the human condition as the common cold. In fact, 8 out of 10 adults will experience an acute episode of lower back pain at some point in their lifetime. Many different structures in the back and neck are capable of producing pain. There are the large nerve roots that go to the legs and smaller nerves that innervate (supply the nerves to) the spine itself. The large paired back muscles may be strained, and the bones, ligaments and joints may be injured. In general, pain does not mean that there is actual tissue damage. Even if the pain is severe, there rarely is ongoing tissue damage. The most common site for pain is the lower back because it bears the brunt of our weight and hence is more prone to get affected.
Causes of Back Pain
Psychosocial risk factors for backache includes stress, distress, anxiety, depression, cognitive dysfunction, pain threshold, job dissatisfaction, and mental stress at work. The cauda equine is a bundle of spinal nerve roots that arise from the lower end of the spinal cord. People with cauda equine syndrome feel a dull pain in the lower back and upper buttocks, as well as analgesia (lack of feeling) in the buttocks, genitalia and thigh. There are sometimes bowel and bladder function disturbances.
The most frequently back pain causes are::
- Heavy physical work
- Frequent bending
- Pulling and Pushing
- Repetitive work
- Static postures
- Muscle spasm
Symptoms of Back Pain
The fundamental indication of back pain is a throb or torment anyplace on the back, and now and again the distance down to the rump and legs. Much of the time signs and manifestations clear up on their own inside a brief time.
- Weight loss
- Inflammation (swelling) on the back
- Pain down the legs
- Pain reaches below the knees
- A recent injury, blow or trauma to your back
- Elevated body temperature
- Difficulty urinating – passing urine is hard
- Persistent back pain – lying down or resting does not help
Types of Back Pain
The sort of back pain (the way you portray the pain) and the area of appropriation of the pain and identified manifestations is a critical part in figuring out a back pain determination, and the medicines could be altogether different relying upon the sort of pain. Three normal characterizations of back pain incorporate:
- Axial pain: It’s additionally known as mechanical pain, axial pain is that the most typical reason behind back pain and should gift in an exceedingly variety of various. A muscle strain could be a common reason behind axial pain.
- Referred pain: It’s going to radiate from the lower back to the groin, pelvis, body part and higher thigh. Injury to any of the interconnecting sensory nerves of the lower back will cause this sort of pain.
- Radicular pain: Radicular pain are often in the midst of symptom and tingling or weakness. This kind of pain is caused by compression, inflammation and/or injury to a nervus spinalis root. Another term for radicular pain is neuralgia and may be caused by such conditions as a ruptured intervertebral disc.
Home Remedies For Back Pain
- Include foods that have made vitamin C content, like citrous fruit, tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries, in your diet.
- For tea drinkers, an easy remedy would be to add 5 black pepper corns, 5 cloves and 1 gram dry ginger powder to the tea. Have such a tea twice everyday.
Ayurvedic treatment For Back Pain
Ayurveda says back pain could be a vata symptom caused by personality disorder of gas at intervals the body. Massaging with oil at the purpose of the pain is incredibly soothing. Don’t press the spine whereas massaging the oil, however gently massage the muscles around it. Avoid exposure to breeze, therefore turn out fans and ACs. Cover with a sheet and rest when the massage.
- Ayurvedic physical treatments like abhyanga (oil massage) and basti (meditated enema) are substantially useful in relieving ache and correcting abnormalities.
- Kati basti could be a special technique aimed toward providing relief to the lower back exploitation heat medicated oils, clarified butter or seasoner decoctions once bathing the lower back (isolated by a “dam” of wet flour – black gram flour being preferred) for twenty to fifty minutes.
- Using a predicament bottle or sitting during a tub crammed with heat water helps.