Protein Urea Ayurvedic Treatment
PROTEINUREA SYMPTOMS AND HOME REMEDIES TREATMENT
Normally in a healthy individual, less than 150mg of protein is excreted in the urine each day, and the Presence of protein more than this limit is termed as proteinuria. This condition indicates kidney damage. When a kidney gets damaged a large amount of protein escapes out from the kidney through urine.
RISK FACTOR OF PROTIENUREA
- Other kidney disorder
- Genetic disorder
CAUSES OF PROTEINUREA
- Heart disease
- Inflammation of kidneys called glomerulonephritis leads to damage of glomerular and can further lead to proteinuria.
- Preeclampsia in pregnant women is an emergency condition that can be life-threatening.
- An immune disorders like systemic lupus erythematous
- Dehydration due to vomiting, diarrhea.
- Exposure to cold conditions
- Amyloidosis (building up of abnormal proteins in your organs)
- Cancer can also cause proteinuria
- Chronic kidney disease
- Increase protein intake in the diet.
SYMPTOMS OF PROTEINUREA
- Muscle cramping
- Frothy urine
- Loss of appetite
- Oedema on feets and hands
- Pain in back and abdomen
- Puffiness of eyes
- Shortness of breath
- more frequent urination
AYURVEDIC UNDERSTANDING OF PROTEINURIA
According to Ayurveda, proteinuria is correlated with ojomeh which is mentioned under prahmeh(diabetes)yoga . it is due to the vitiation of dosha due to wrong dietary habits and lifestyle.
Causes as per Ayurveda
- sedentary lifestyle
- intake of an excess salt-rich diet
- intake of excess jaggery causes vitiation of Kapha dosha
- lack of exercise can put the person at risk of developing prameh
- intake of high protein-rich diet
All these factors cause vitiation of all three doshas which leads to prameh rog and if a person does not change their lifestyle then it will lead to the last stage of prahmeh that is Vata dosha dominant stage where ojomeh is one of the conditions and is then difficult to treat.
MANAGEMENT OF PROTEINUREA AT HOME
Management by changing ahara (food habits)
- include barley (yava) in the diet.
- Include pulses like arhar, kullatha , and mung in the diet.
- Avoid pulses like mash, rajma, channe .
- Vegetables like methi, karela (bitter gourd),lauki , paver can be taken
- Eat fruits such as orange, watermelon, apple, papaya,jaamun(blackberry), and others with less sugar.
- Karela juice can be taken empty stomach
- Have overnight soaked methi seeds regularly
- Avoid fats, oil , ghee, butter in excess
- Avoid rice, potatoes, and other carbohydrate-rich food items.
- Include multigrain attain making roti instead of plain wheat grain atta
- Haldi is beneficial in the saearly stages of prameh (diabetes)
- Avoid salt intake in excess use sendha namak (Epsom salt) instead of normal.
- Drink more liquid keep body hydrated
MANAGEMENT BY VIHARA ( by changing lifestyle)
- Do regular exercise
- Practice yoga
- Steam bath can be taken it reduces med (FAT) in obese patients.
- Do breathing exercise helps in reducing hypertension
- Stop sleeping during daytimes
AYURVEDIC HERBS THAT HELPS IN MANAGEMENT OF PROTEINUREA
- Gokshura –it is effective in lowering blood sugar levels .also acts as a mild diuretic effective in urinary tract infections and kidney stones. gokshur also has anti-inflammatory action and so prevents glomerulonephritis, and helps reduce protein content in urine.
- Varuna – it is a natural diuretic, and found to be very effective in kidney disorders. It purifies the blood and removes toxins from the body. It strengthens the function of the kidney, reduces protein levels in the urine. it also has an anti-inflammatory action to prevent inflammation of the kidney glomerular.
- Punarnava – it contains punarnavoside glycoside which is found to be very effective in protecting kidneys against many diseases. having rejuvenation power. Helps in managing blood pressure also in high blood pressure patients. Helps in reducing protein high content in urine
- Ashwagandha –it improves immunity, has anti-inflammatory action, strengthens kidney function, helps in the management of high blood pressure and lowers high cholesterol levels in the blood, helps in maintaining diabetes by reducing high sugar levels in the blood.
- Haridra –its is one of the best drugs having good anti-inflammatory properties, rich in anti-oxidants, It reduces urea and creatinine levels effectively. helps in reducing proteinuria
- Guduchi – is one of the immunomodulators in chronic diseases. Has anti-inflammatory action. It also has anti-diabetic action that reduces blood sugar levels in the blood.
- Sahadevi –also has anti-inflammatory action and has Vata dosh balancing property.
- Pashanbheda– it has stone-breaking properties found effective in the treatment of stones and has diuretic properties. It also has anti-diabetic action that helps in reducing blood sugar levels, kidney protective, and also has the property of lowering high blood pressure. It balances all three doshas.
- Shunti- it is having deepan (igniting ) property that helps to correct amaj (undigested food) condition and tackles Kapha dosha, treats nausea, vomiting-like symptoms also has anti-inflammatory action, provides relief from pain, reduces blood sugar level, and have kidney protective action as well.
- Triphala –is the combination of three herbs that is haritaki , bhibhitaki, and Amalaki. this combination is found effective in reducing protein levels in the urine. it also has anti-inflammatory action. balances all three doshas. Have great rejuvenating power and helps in the healing of kidneys.
These all herbs are found to be really effective in treating kidney disorders and maintaining kidney health in patients who are prone to kidney failure and dialysis.
Proteinuria can be effectively corrected by using formulations of these above-mentioned medicines and by following the lifestyle and healthy diet as mentioned above.
We also provide medicine for proteinuria. our products are