Manasamitra Vatakam is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of psychiatric conditions, to improve intelligence, speech problems, etc. It is prepared from a combination of 73 ingredients. This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Manasamitra tablet uses
It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of depression and psychosis.
It is used in children to improve brain functions, memory, and concentration, in diseases like autism.
It is used to treat epilepsy, seizures, and mania.
It is also used in poison treatment.
There are many research articles written on this medicine to prove its efficacy as a neuroprotective medicine.
Effect on Tridosha
balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
How long to use?
It can be used for a period of 6 months to one year or even longer, based on your doctor’s advice.
Manasamitra Gulika side effects
It should be used only under medical supervision. Overdosage may cause a burning sensation in the stomach.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a cool dry place.
Manasamitra Vatakam ingredients
10 g of each of
- Bala- This classical herbal drug is mainly used as a Central Nervous system (CNS) depressant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, hypotensive and hypoglycaemic agent. It works the best nerve tonic for treating numerous vata disorders, purifies blood, cures piles and boosts fetal growth and development.
- Nagabala- Naga bala is packed with demulcent, anti-acidic, expectorant, antipyretic, diuretic, aphrodisiac, carminative and cardiac properties. It is used in treating bleeding disorders, dysuria. It acts as aphrodisiac and anti-aging herb. This is quite useful herb to treat the bleeding disorders and dysuria.
- Bilva- has been used extensively in the treatment of dysentery and diabetes as recommended by Indian Ayurveda. Aegle Marmelos Uses are as follows: Aegle Marmelos uses include dried fruit pulp being used in many parts of India in preparation of summer drinks, which helps overcome sunstrokes.
- Prishniparni - This herb is packed with the antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-emetic, aphrodisiac, analgesic, cardiovascular, expectorant and analgesic properties. Use of this herb is quite effective in the healing of fractured bones. All the plant parts are packed with the therapeutic properties.
- Pravala pishti- The present study concludes that Praval bhasma is effective in the prevention of calcium and estrogen deficient bone loss and justify the continuing use of this ayurvedic preparation in traditional system of Indian medicine for management of bone metabolic disorders such as osteoporosis.
- Shankhapushpi- According to Ayurveda, Shankhpushpi helps to calm down the brain and relieve stress as well as anxiety. It also improves memory by acting as a brain tonic due to its Medhya (improves intelligence) property. You can take Shankhpushpi powder along with warm milk or water to help boost memory and concentration.
- Tamrachuda Padika- The herbal remedy contains powerful antioxidants that help protect the brain from damage caused by free radicals. Additionally, the herb also helps improve blood circulation to the brain, which helps improve cognitive function.
- Swarna Bhasma- is classified as a potent cardiotonic, nootropic, hepatoprotective, antitoxin and immunomodulatory compound, and hence used for the treatment and management of neurological problems, upper respiratory tract infection, fever, infertility, skin disease and ultimately improves overall stamina and body.
- Pushkaramoola - the herbs useful in hiccups, cough, flank pain and asthma, Pushkaramoola is the best. Shophahara – anti inflammatory. It is applied externally for relieving wounds and inflammation.
- Mrigashringa Bhasma -It can maintain balances of Vata and Pitta Doshas. It has properties Expectorant Mucolytic, Antitussive, Bacteriostatic, Antibacterial, Antimicrobial, Mild Anodyne and also Mild Antipyretic and is good for of heart burn, gastric pain, abdominal colic and asthma.
- Vacha - Vacha helps to lower the risk of stomach ulcers and other digestive woes by promoting digestion. This is attributed to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive)actions. Further, taking this herbal medicine increases Agni (digestive fire) controls the secretion of gastric juice and facilitates digestion of food.
- Tapya - Tapyadi Loha Vati is very efficient Ayurvedic formulation that is helpful to keep the Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas in the body balanced, acting as an alternative, hematinic & cardiac tonic. This Ayurvedic medicine is very beneficial in providing medicinal effects in liver conditions.
- Chandana - In the form of oil or powder, sandalwood is able to sooth inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, as well as calm irritated skin and flatten breakouts. In Ayurvedic texts, it is known to relieve the pitta dosha, which means that it has cooling properties.
- Raktachandana- Raktachandan – Pterocarpus santalinus is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of eye disorders, sexual disorders, Pitta disorders such as nasal bleeding, menorrhagia etc
- Mukta Pishti -Prevents Anxiety and Depression. Enhances Digestion. Promotes Cardiac Functioning. Regulates Blood Pressure.
- Loha Bhasma- Loha Bhasma is an iron-rich, complex herbo-metallic preparation of the Ayurvedic system of medicine used to treat anemia. It helps to increase iron content in blood and aid in better absorption of iron with lesser side effects on the digestive system.
- Madhuka- Madhuka- Madhuca longifolia (Koen.) is used as a fermenting initiater in many Ayurvedic medicines. It is described in Ayurveda for treating skin diseases, nerve disorders, cough, burning sensation and diarrhea. Madhuca indica is used as synonym Latin name for the plant Madhuka.
- Twak- In addition to being an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, anticancer, lipid-lowering, and cardiovascular-disease-lowering compound, cinnamon has also been reported to have activities against neurological disorders, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
- Magadhi-. It is described in Ayurveda for treating skin diseases, nerve disorders, cough, burning sensation and diarrhea.
Quantity Sufficient of each of –
- Juice extract of Trayamana – Gentiana kurroo
- Water decoction of
- Shankhapushpi – Clitoria ternatea
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Sariva – Indian Sarsaparila – Hemidesmus indicus
- Lakshmana – Ipomoea septaria / Biophytum sensitivum
- Bilva – Bael (root) – Aegle marmelos
- Bala – Country mallow (root) – Sida cordifolia
- Goksheera – Cow milk
- Jiraka – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
- Mavalli – Sarcostemma acidum
- Stanya – breast milk.
The fine powder of herbal powder mix is triturated with the liquids and a paste is prepared, which is made into tablet form, dried, and preserved.