The thyroid gland produces vital hormones that help our body to function. Its primary role is to regulate metabolism and energy use. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland fails to produce enough thyroid hormone.
Ayurvedic concept –
In Ayurveda, the thyroid is located near Vishuddi Chakra (in the throat area) and is made up of Pitta and Kapha Dosha. The thyroid is the center of fire energy (Agni) and its functions are to stimulate psychic and somatic growth, secrete hormones, balance metabolism, and control bodily functions. The thyroid responds rapidly to stimuli and to stress, and is a very sensitive gland. this kit assists with the proper secretion of hormones, at the same time encouraging the proper absorption of nutrients. The practice of Pranayama and Yoga creates calm and relaxation, while the herbal treatments relieve and control stress, which appears to be a major contributor to thyroid dysfunction. This kit will boost the immune system and open the body channels that control healthy metabolism.
Diet and lifestyle changes
Diet is very important. Below are some dietary tips for managing a problematic thyroid gland:
- Eat fresh and healthy food.
- Drink plenty of fresh, clean water.
- Avoid fried foods, strong-tasting food, or food that is very hot or very cold.
- Avoid stimulants such as coffee, chocolate, tea, yogurt, vinegar, meat.
- Use recommended daily doses of multivitamins and minerals to complete your nutrition requirements.
- Of benefit are green Mung beans, cucumber, barley, old rice, and coconut oil.
- Also of benefit is hot ginger tea with basil leaves and peppermint.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and taking an afternoon sleep.
- Supported shoulder stand. Shoulderstand is often the first pose that's suggested to treat the thyroid. ...
- Plow pose. In plow pose, your thyroid is believed to get the same stimulation as it does in shoulder stand. ...
- Fish pose. ...
- Legs-up-the-wall pose. ...
- Cat-cow pose. ...
- Boat pose. ...
- Camel pose. ...
- Cobra pose.