Epilepsy Healer Kit
- Epilepsy Healer Kit
Epilepsy is called Apasmara (Apa = loss, smara = memory, knowledge, or even consciousness). Akshepaka is a condition characterized by seizures. The convulsions are caused in Ayurveda due to an imbalance of the Vata dosha. Pitta dosha can be attributed to the loss of consciousness in terms of doshic effect. When one lacks consciousness immediately upon seeing the colors red, blue as well as black and recovers rapidly, this is recognized as a sign of Vata disturbance. Likewise, Pitta hallucinations are caused by seeing light or dark red or yellow colors and recovering with intense sweating.herbs in this kit herbs to calm down the nervous system , removes neurotoxins.
Why Epilepsy Healer Kit –
Medicines in this kit helps in the management of the three doshas, namely Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The herbal concoctions are powerful enough to cleanse the body, pacify the doshas, and strengthen the production of neurotransmitters.One of the inevitable advantages of Ayurveda is that it never goes wrong with the body. Only those herbs are employed in the medicine that helps to strengthen the brain and restore its function. Along with this, diet and lifestyle are also suggested to the patients so that your body does not get loaded with toxins while you are undergoing ayurvedic treatment.
Dietary and lifestyle management of epilepsy
- Reduce intake of sweet, oily, fatty and heavy foods; alcohol, fish products, spicy food and old (not fresh) food.
- Reduce stimulating food and drink such as coffee, alcoholic beverages, and condiments that create heat (e.g. chilli, mustard, pepper etc).
- Avoid stress and mental and emotional tension.
- Avoid poor sleep hygiene (working, studying or using computers and phones late into the night, going to bed late, sleeping late in the day).
- Enjoy ayurvedic rituals like self oil massage, nasya (oil drops into the nostrils), neti (yogic sinus cleansing).
- Participate in mindfulness and relaxation practices like yoga, meditation and pranayama as they have positive effects on brain chemistry and support healing.
- Increase foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E.
- A ketogenic diet has been shown to be beneficial in reducing the number and frequency of seizures. It is characterised by a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Normally, the carbohydrates contained in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body and is particularly important in fueling brain-function. However, if there is little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood, a state known as ketosis, leads to a reduction in the frequency of epileptic seizures.