Tonsillitis Healer Kit
The inflammation or swelling of the tonsils is called tonsillitis. It is also called tonsillopharyngitis. Tonsillitis is most common in children between the ages of four and five and rarely occurs before the age of three. A viral infection most commonly causes it and about 5% to 40% of cases are caused by bacterial infections which occur at a later age. According to Vagbhata, the disease Tundikeri affects the Hanu pradesha (jaw region) which spreads to the Talu (Palate) and Kantha (Throat). So it comes under the disease affecting both Talu (Palate) and Kantha (Throat).
Ayurvedic concept –
Tonsillitis and tonsils in Ayurveda can be correlated to Tundikeri, which is one of the diseases of the head and neck. Ayurvedic literature explains that tonsillitis is a result of vitiated and imbalanced dosha of the body i.e., Vāta, Pitta, and Kapha. Ayurveda describes that the pathogenesis of tonsillitis is due to the derangement of Kapha dosha and Rakta. This alters the digestive fire causing impaired digestive capacity and leading to clogged channels of Annavaha Srotas (gastrointestinal tract) and Pranavaha Srotas (respiratory tract). The obstruction of GIT and respiratory channels may manifest the symptoms of tonsillitis like breathing through the mouth, difficulty in swelling, and choking spells at night.
- Reduces inflammation
- Relief pain, difficulty in swallowing
- Relief fever
- Relief of sore throat permanently
Home remedies for tonsillitis
- Salt water gargling – Mix one teaspoon of table salt in a cup of warm water and gargle with it.
- Holy basil drink – Add 10-12 basil leaves to one or one and a half cups of water and boil it for ten minutes. To this decoction add one teaspoon of honey for sweetening and a pinch of black pepper powder to spice it up. This drink can be taken two to three times a day for up to 3- 7 days.
- Cinnamon drink – To a glass of hot water add one teaspoon of Cinnamon powder. Add 2 teaspoons of honey after it becomes warm. This can be taken two to three times a day for a week.
- Turmeric – Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of black pepper powder to a glass of warm milk. This is to be taken at night for two to three days.
- Fenugreek seeds preparation for gargling– two tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds are added to two to three cups of boiling water. This is filtered and allowed to cool. This preparation is used for gargling twice a day till the symptoms are relieved.
- Henna leaves decoction– gargling with this decoction two times a day is helpful in relieving the sore throat.1
- Cardamom powder is mixed with hot water. This is filtered and then used for gargling.
- Lemon juice should be added with one teaspoon of honey. This should be taken to relieve the pain associated with a sore throat.
- Red Hibiscus tea– Dry petals of Red Hibiscus are boiled in water for 10-15 minutes. This helps in relieving sore throat.
Foods to eat with tonsillitis should be soft and easy to swallow, this can be helpful when you have a sore throat because they may be less likely to cause irritation. Soft foods include mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, stews, soups, cooked vegetables, smoothies, and scrambled eggs. Alcohol and carbonated beverages must be avoided, as these beverages can cause intense pain, irritation, and a burning sensation in the throat. Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons are acidic in nature, which may be too harsh on the throat and irritate the tonsils.
- Fibro Heal
Packing: 90 capsules
- Sino Heal
Packing: 90 capsules.
Packing: 90 capsules
Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras Gold
Packing: 30 Tablets
Dosage: 1 cap/day